Ideas for articles – where to get them?
An idea is the first necessity in creating articles. It is what determines whether the content will be interesting and gain visibility on Google. However, not everyone knows that creativity is only an element of a wise concept – the rest depends on the techniques we will present in this article.
Where to get ideas for articles?
“Go for a walk and think of something!” – this is a frequently heard answer to the above question. Imagination is certainly an important quality, but it is not sufficient in creating professional content. Copywriting should meet specific marketing goals, so the article idea must be supported by factors that will indicate potential business effects.
The most fundamental are two:
- company resources – existing content on the website;
- competitiveness – existing content on other sites.
The first one determines whether the text will bring benefits to the company, and the second one determines the degree of difficulty in obtaining them. For this reason, an idea that is interesting is not a guarantee of success (contrary to common intuition). Its effectiveness depends on the company’s position and the current market situation.
Once we have this knowledge, we can more precisely determine accurate article ideas that will be the basis for effective content.
Check where internal links are missing
Existing content on the website should work together. This improves their positioning and allows users to navigate the website more easily. Internal linking is responsible for this, with Wikipedia being a perfect example.
Therefore, when looking for ideas, it is worth checking existing texts to determine which issues are worth describing and then linking.
Thanks to this, you will not only gain inspiration for topics, but also ensure that the text created will enrich other subpages and facilitate navigation around the website.
For example, above we touched on internal linking and included a link to a more detailed article. If we did not have such a text, it would be a clear indication for us to describe this issue and then add a link. Simple yet effective.
Determine the popularity of topics
Once we have identified the deficiencies in internal linking, we know what to write about. Now it’s time to think more carefully about the topic and the scope of the information covered. There is an important rule here: the more people write an article on a given topic, the more difficult it is to break through with your own work.
It is therefore worth explaining issues that have not been repeatedly described by others. Then the effects will appear faster because you avoid fighting with the competition.
How to do it
Relax! There will be time for precise writing of texts for SEO. For now, it is enough to briefly determine the market saturation of a given topic. This can be done in two ways:
- Manual search – we enter the issue we are interested in in Google and then determine what articles appear. We do not rely on the overall number of results, but we determine which pages are displayed. If these are large, thematic portals, it is worth modifying your concept to start with more niche topics with longer titles and key phrases.
- Using tools – there are programs on the market that propose issues along with determining competitiveness. An example is AnswerThePublic or Google Keywords Planner (though here the competition is defined in terms of paid advertising, not positioning).
Preliminary analysis of topics in terms of competitiveness is an important step, but not necessary if we only care about internal linking. A blog article can be written even if there is no chance for positioning, as long as it will substantively enrich the website. In this way, it will contribute to the user’s convenience and will also increase the visibility of other subpages.
We have an idea for an article – what’s next?
This is where further work related to content planning begins, because writing itself is only the final stage.
The exact diagram is as follows:
After coming up with a concept for the article, you should proceed to the detailed definition of the keyword phrases used to maximize the SEO potential. With this foundation in place, the structure of the headlines is determined, and then the writing and search engine optimization begins. Although the entire process is complex, it is a coherent, logical pattern that is common to every professional copywriter.
The above article may lead to unconventional conclusions. However, we do not underestimate the importance of creativity in coming up with topics, but we point out the important role of other factors that are gaining importance in contemporary e-marketing.
- The idea for the article should result from the company’s resources and competition to maximize business effects.
- It is worth using the new text in internal linking to have a positive impact on other subpages.
- A concept that has not yet been used by the competition will deliver results faster.
- The idea gives rise to the topic of the article, which is the starting point for a thorough keyword analysis.
Your comment has been added and is awaiting approval.