5 ways to better market your blog
I don’t think anyone needs to be convinced of the great business potential of a properly run blog. The results are stronger the more your audience visits your site, so today let’s discuss 5 ways to increase your readership. Read below about how to improve your blog marketing!
What are the benefits of a blog?
First, a few words about why it is worth taking care of blog marketing. Yes, for several important reasons:
- increases the website positioning – and thus generates free traffic on the website and increases the pool of potential customers;
- builds trust and brand image – through professional content it shows that the company knows its field;
- creates interest in the offer – expert topics revolving around the services/products offered almost always include their advantages or benefits, which creates a need among recipients.
- distinguishes the company from the competition – a professionally run blog is still rare, so it is a good opportunity to stand out in your industry and acquire hesitant customers.
These are, of course, general rules that should be adapted to the realities of your company. However, we can assume with a high degree of certainty that a blog almost always has an image impact and also supports positioning processes.
Blog marketing – 5 ways
So how to promote a blog site? There are several solutions, and each of them has specific advantages (and the required budget), so we emphasize in advance that there is no perfect method that will popularize the blog without exceptions. Instead, you should adapt your activities according to your abilities.
Therefore, we present various proposals with increasing financial requirements.
Thematic groups on Facebook
The basic strategy that beginner bloggers often use is free promotion of articles on social media. In groups where potential customers circulate, it is worth placing a link to the content with an annotation about what the reader will learn, what benefits result from reading, etc.
Advertising your own blog in this way generates free traffic on the website, but the effects in gaining reach disappear relatively quickly (usually after one day). Moreover, self-promotion becomes unwelcome if it is not clearly stated why the articles are worth looking at. For this reason, it is necessary to ensure a sufficiently high substantive value to maintain the image impact without exposing oneself to criticism from users of social networking sites.
Content optimization for SEO
This is another free way to increase the visibility of your blog, although in fact it should be its foundation from the beginning. Without this, adding articles will not bring the basic benefits that we wrote about in the introduction.
The most important assumptions of writing texts for SEO:
- provide valuable information – you can’t do anything without it; After all, Google must have some arguments to display your article, right? This is a basic element in which you cannot cut corners or use clever tricks. First of all, the text must be unique and useful to gain visibility in the search engine.
- ensure a clear structure – let the reader know which fragments are particularly important. Bold the most important information, add paragraphs and headings, specify the key phrase. The more “air” in the text, the better.
- perform internal linking – adding links to other articles and subpages will make it easier for the user to navigate the website and will also improve indexing by Google algorithms.
This method is time-consuming and requires the most work, but the results are worth the effort. The business potential of positioning is still growing, and the results are visible in the form of stable, lasting traffic, which translates into a regular inflow of inquiries. Needless to say, this is extremely important in growing your business.
Publication of guest articles, i.e. the so-called guest blogging is the last solution that does not require financial outlays. In this case, the idea is to contact the owners of other blogs and propose mutual contributions. Then there is an “exchange of recipients” and an enrichment of the reading group, and if we add the aspect of linking, guest articles will have a positive impact on positioning.
The particular advantage of this method is that you can achieve impressive results without any expenses. The only need is to find someone willing to agree to such a mutual publication arrangement. The disadvantage is the other side of the same coin – establishing cooperation may be relatively time-consuming and even uncertain if your blog does not have a sufficient number of readers.
In such a case, when the blog has just been created or you do not have time to look for people willing to guest blogging, sponsored texts are the solution to this problem. For a certain fee, you can publish your article on a more popular external site.
The benefits also include positioning and image, but the condition is budget. Publications cost from several dozen to several hundred zlotys, depending on the website parameters. The cost in the case of the largest, reputable portals exceeds even several thousand zlotys. Of course, in return you get a number of blog marketing benefits, and the results are usually there very stable – most websites publish sponsored articles for at least a year.
Paid Google & Facebook Ads
The last, most immediate way to promote your blog is to use ads on Facebook and Google. On these platforms, you can successfully display interesting articles to an interested audience, which will allow you to quickly expand your readership.
The effects are almost immediate, as results will begin to appear as the campaign begins, but are strictly dependent on the allocated budget and cease to be relevant when advertising is turned off. It can be said that the specificity of this method is the opposite of positioning – time and work are not required, unlike money financing the campaign.
- We’ve outlined five ways to better market your blog.
- Each solution has its own rules, so you should adapt the strategy to your goals and possibilities.
- However, there is a universal rule that everyone should know: a good blog requires useful, valuable content.
- Without a good product, no promotion methods will be effective.
Your comment has been added and is awaiting approval.