Writing scientific articles – here’s how to do it well
There is no doubt that science is moving forward – every year the number of scientific publications increases, expanding people’s knowledge and worldview. But how to write a good scientific article so that it will resonate widely in the academic community? More on this in today’s article!
Writing scientific papers – what does it involve?
Presenting the topic as objectively as possible, formal language, taking inspiration from other publications – these factors clearly prove that writing scientific articles is a craft, not an art.
For this reason, it is worth preparing thoroughly before starting work:
- Topic – referring to the essence and purpose of the article, as well as the subject of the magazine. On the one hand, it must be informative, on the other – it is an ideal place for marketing flavor that arouses interest (yes, scientific “celebrity” exists).
- Content – this is basically the whole essence of scientific work, which cannot be expressed in a few guidelines. However, any inaccuracies should be eliminated, specialized terms should be explained, arguments should be presented clearly and – preferably – from a new perspective, because this is the purpose of “exploratory” work.
- Bibliography – an extremely important element is the presentation of other works on which the publication is based. There are no more studies about “eureka” inventions, but all new discoveries are based on the sum of the previous ones, which have become a contribution requiring semantic connection and analysis. Everyone knows this, but the whole difficulty is not “if”, but “whom” to quote.
So much for the theory, so it’s time for the more practical part.
Construction of a scientific article
There is no single arbitrary scheme of scientific work, but the basic IMRAD structure is most often used, which consists of:
- Introduction – why was the work created, for what purpose, and what set of knowledge are you basing it on?
- Materials & Methods – how was the research carried out?
- Results – what has been achieved, what are the results of the work?
- I (And) – an additional letter to say the abbreviation more neatly 🙂
- Discussion – what are the implications of the new approach, what does it mean?
Of course, you can add further elements when writing scientific papers, but the above are the foundation on which the content is based.
What else should you remember? A clear structure of the article is a must, but the final success is determined by:
- Significant contribution to theory.
- Proper development of the issue.
- Understandability (defined as communicative simplicity and presentation of specific conclusions, discoveries and advantages arising from the work).
So we see that academic works have a lot in common with marketing blog articles for SEO. Namely, there are no shortcuts and both form and essence (requiring substantive, unique input) are important.
Writing good scientific articles
If you would like to order expert articles for your company that will match the quality of scientific works – write to us!
Our content marketing agency deals with demanding content that creates trust among customers, builds positioning and increases sales.
Your comment has been added and is awaiting approval.